Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Where have all the writers gone?

When I started this blog, one thing that kept bothering me is the quality of writing on the web. The Internet is so full of information! It is a huge knowledge base for people around the globe. There is hardly any subject on which you won’t find information the web. Yet, from my experience I can tell you, over 90% articles or content I come across on the web are written in a way as if the writer didn’t have any clue about the subject!

And the story doesn’t end here…sometimes the writer doesn’t seem to know even basic English grammar! I wonder why they take the Internet so lightly… You will never find such quality of writing in other media like newspapers and magazines. There seems to be a dearth of good content writers for the web. Net users spend so much time on the Internet… at least they deserve to read good English!

2 comments:

Musings of a small town woman said...

A very thought-provoking post. There is a dearth of original work in the net now a days.

Tuli said...

This post has voiced my feelings.