When I started my career as a professional content writer, the most difficult phase of my new job was to learn how to effectively search the net for information. Not only me, many of my colleagues and friends too get equally frustrated when google shows a lot of pages, but none of them contain the information we are seeking! Sometimes, I just used permutation and combination of the major keywords of the information I was looking for, till I got satisfactory results.
But that cost me lot of time and the end result was either working overtime or compromising on the quality of my writing. But one day I was like “enough is enough” and wanted to find ways to improve my search techniques. I searched the net for that and these are the websites I found educative and useful:
http://webquest.sdsu.edu/searching/fournets.htm: This site gives you handy tips with exercises (just as you did in school!) to help you learn the art of shifting through the pile of information available online.
http://hanlib.sou.edu/searchtools/searchtips.html: This site will give you great tips on searching not only google, but also other search engines on the net.
You can also see Google web site help Center, if google is the only search engine you know (like me and million of us).
Hope this post helps you whether you are a fellow professional or anyone looking for some information on the net.
3 comments:
Great Post indeed! I must agree that often we end up spending valuable time to get just a small bit of information. This post will definitely help me and many of us to search better and drastically reduce the search time.
This is a great post. It helped me a lot to learn about the intricacies of searching on the web.
Thanks
Post a Comment